Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day two

It is early afternoon on day two of my New Years project.  Its freezing outside, and that has actually been helpful in keeping the cravings at bay.  Truthfully, I have only been hit with the terrible urge twice.  I think the real cravings will begin when I go back to work tomorrow.

The first craving came when I was boiling hot water for my morning tea.  Smoking that morning Cig. had become synonymous with "waking up right." I  always enjoyed it with a hot cup of coffee in the morning.  It was a time for me to slowly wake up and quietly contemplate the oncoming day.  Since I am cutting out coffee too, I settled on vanilla Rooibos tea.  As I was waiting for the water to begin its slow rolling boil, it struck me that I am going to have to change-up even the little daily routines.  Ugh, I usually only run when people are chasing me but it looks like I might have to start running in the mornings.  Did I mention that I hate running?  If anyone out there has other "wake up and have a good morning" suggestions please let me know.

The second craving came when I went out to bring the garbage cans in from the street and I caught a whiff of smoke from one of my neighbors.  It smelled so delicious.  I could have chewed through the fence dividing me from them.  I can only imagine what they might have thought of their crazy neighbor running down the alleyway with garbage cans bouncing behind.  I felt like a rabid animal and I think I was slightly foamy at the mouth. 

Coming back from my garbage adventure my room-mate has awesomely reminded me of how much money I am going to be saving.  Which of course, caused me to crack out the calculator; I averaged 5 packs a week.  At 6 dollars a pack that is $30 a week. 52 weeks in a year = $1560.00 That is enough for a comfortable little vacation or the down payment on a new car.  Whew that's quite expensive for a slow suicide. 

The rest of my plans for this afternoon consists of  tackling a mountain of laundry, and Batman movie marathon with my 3 1/2 year old little buddy. He's my other room-mate.  Wish me luck whoever might be out there...so far so good:)

1 comment:

  1. Metamucil in the morning? No No! Just kidding. Be strong...

    ReplyDelete