Saturday, January 8, 2011

day 8

A funny thing about inspiration is that you never know when it's gonna hit.  I was in the shower, vocalizing a mash up of various musical theater power ballads, when last nights dream came back to me.  Sprinting through my empty house, naked, dripping wet trying to make it to my journal before my train of thought slipped off the tracks.  What can I say I had to record the details.  (I am fortunate to live in a somewhat secluded area.)

But I digress, in my dream; I was blinded by the theater lights, I was standing on the stage of a vintage, Victorian era opera house.  I was singing to an empty auditorium, at first my voice was thin, and airy.  But I closed my eyes and kept on singing, and as I surrendered myself to the song, so did my voice grow and it did not crack or falter, my courage and confidence was reborn.  And after some time my song came to an end and as the curtains rose for my final bow, the lights came up and there were people spilling out the exits.

After last nights step backwards, this dream helped re-ignite an inner fire.  I woke this morning and did my laundry, cleaned out my car, and took down all the Christmas decor.  I then took a hot bath, followed by a cold shower and then made some tea.  I set some very important appointments and all and all I had a very productive Saturday. (I am finding that staying productive is significantly reducing the frequency and magnitude of the cravings).

Tonight I am babysitting my little buddy J, and we are having a superhero movie marathon, first Batman, next up is Superman (the Christopher Reeve's version of course:) And my cyberspace friends I can proudly say that I can put a sticker on the calendar for today:)

Speaking of my little superhero, I need to feed him and get him ready for the next movie so I am going to sign off for day 8 and overall I am feeling great:)

4 comments:

  1. I love dreams. I get a lot of inspiration from dreams so do not discredit them. This one applies to your current struggle in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you're feeling better and that JJ got to give you a sticker today! Can't wait to hang out tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, interesting to read. Sounds like if we focus all our heart, mind, and might on a challenge, that we can overcome it.

    Very proud of you Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my own small way with trying to get rid of sugar cravings I have, I too am trying to be more productive, in good human-connection kind of ways, and I too am finding it does wonders. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete