Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DAY FOUR!!!!!!!!!

Whew 4 days!!! I feel like a success already:) So this is officially the longest that I have ever gone without a smoke since I initially started smoking.  I have a couple of major thank-you's!!  Heather and Juniper your snacks and motivating words are really helping me stay inspired you rock!, and to the Hawthorne Hotties that I work with for putting up with my cranky, moody, bitch-ass-ness. 

I had two major moments of weakness today. One of my co-workers (who is a smoker) came in from a break, I got this glorious whiff.  I quickly crammed a handful of nuts into my mouth and pranced off in the other direction. The problem is I adore this co-worker and I don't want her to think that I was avoiding her.

The second came when a certain supervisor wanted to have a chat about my level of "happiness with my job."  I was able to evade this for most of the day in that, I kept getting interrupted by customers and phone-calls but at 10 mins to close I was cornered.  I was trapped into an inescapable "chat" that I didn't want to have and was trying very hard to avoid.  In my brain, I was punching him in the face. In my brain, I was swearing at him like a sailor.  In my brain, I was thinking maybe I should have waited till February to quit smoking. In my brain, I was thinking I need a cocktail.  What really happened, I gave my most winning smile and said "yes I love my job, my only issue is that we have to have these pointless meetings that are a total waste of my time, your time, the banks time, and that only really succeed in putting my already fragile state of mind into an even more precarious state of imbalance." I then lowered my head and said, "I'm sorry I just quit smoking. It sucks. Are we done here?" To which he started laughing and said in the most condescending manner "I am really proud of you." In my brain, I was punching him in the face...again.

I knew that the biggest hurdle standing in the way of my successful quit was going to come at work.  I expected it and thankfully I have good people around me who are inspiring me and keeping me focused. The upside is my cologne lasts all day with no need to reapply and my fresh breathe makes me want to make-out with myself...(hear that Christmas day artist(smile)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing what we can do in our brains and then lie right to someone's face, but good job, and hey, at least you can blame a lot of things on the quitting blues. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA I am often sooo glad that no one can read our minds! This is great! You go, Levi!

    ReplyDelete