Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

Without a doubt this is the worst day.  Its official there is definitely no "Joy" in quitting.  Maybe its because its the first day back to work after the hustle and excitement of the Holiday season or maybe its just that it is Monday.

I am nearing the end of an exhausting work day.  Eleven hours of financial bliss. I will probably get in trouble for blogging at work...but oh well...

I called my mother last night because she is 56 and going through "the Change" and I thought she could shed some insight on an interesting thing that started happening. I began experiencing "HOT FLASHES"...is that normal? Another interesting thing I noticed today...I have some majorly stinky customers...I keep a bottle of air freshener in my bottom desk drawer, and lets just say I think I am going to need another bottle.  (truthfully though, I can't complain too much about my customer aroma, as I am starting to be able to smell myself too...) Anyone out there know if it is a common side effect to feel bloated, and gaseous? This is definitely not "Joy."

Another problem I see developing...EATING....I had a box of christmas candy in another desk drawer...Somehow, throughout the day I ate a whole box of Russell Stover's chocolates, a medium sized bag of MnM's, a large bag of Hershey's kisses. and about 15 Dum Dum's (which if you don't know are these gross little suckers that we hand out to the kids at the bank)..this is in addition to my regular lunch of cold cuts, string cheese, and Wheat thins  My pants are already feeling a little snug. This is not good...I didn't think it would happen to me but I think I may be at risk of gaining the "nicotene nineteen."

On a brighter note a good friend of mine brought me some dried cherries to snack on, they are tart and tasty, and an unexpected tastebud delight.  Any suggestions on healthy snacking would be greatly appreciated:)

I recieved an excellent wake up suggestion from a friend today who endured my complaints on the whole "running" situation.  He suggested I start jump-roping in the morning in lieu of going for a run...so for ten minutes each morning I am going to jump rope...Starting next week.

My brain is too fuzzy to write a long post today.  I remain steadfast in this challenge even though this really is hell...I never want to do this again. Cheers

1 comment:

  1. The third is the hardest, it was the hardest for me. If you want to do this, you will do this. But, as they say, you have to want this.

    I ate a bag, yes a bag, of candy every day for two weeks. Lifesavers were just that.

    And yes, you can smell better, food tastes better, and dog-gone it, people will like you...:-)

    ReplyDelete